The museum, exhibitions, café, gardens and chapel are fully accessible for all our visitors.
Visitors who require additional assistance can speak to a member of staff on arrival or confirm their visit in advance.
Guide dogs, Hearing Dogs and Registered Assistance Dogs are welcome in all areas of the museum and cafe.
Accessible toilets and baby change facilities are available in the museum and chapel.
Our car park has 2 spaces for Blue Badge holders.
- Our discovery tablet includes both audio description and subtitles (coming soon)
- Large print and Braille guides are available for both the chapel and museum
- Magnifying glasses and torches are available from the museum main desk
- There are a range of tactile resources available in the gallery (Morse Code, globe and service hats)
- Induction loops are located at the main desk and cafe counter
- A wheelchair is available from the museum main desk
- There are regularly spaced seating area throughout the museum exhibition and chapel
Special Tours and Object Handling
- Audio described tours and specialist object handling sessions are available to book on certain days. Please contact our Learning and Access Officer to discuss specific requirements.
For further access requirements and enquires, please contact Isobel Hood, Learning and Access Officer on 01959 422414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The museum has both coach and car parking available on site and nearby.
It also benefits from:
- A buggy store
- Cycle parking
- Baby changing
- Picnic area and outside seating
- Free Visitor WiFi
Café and outdoor terrace
The Nightingale Café is named in honour of the original Nightingale Café located on Biggin Hill’s South Camp. For a copy of our current menu please click here. Allergen information is available for all our dishes please ask a member of staff for further details.
Outside seating is available on the terrace giving views over to the airfield. If you are lucky enjoy seeing the Spitfires take off while you refresh with lunch or cake.
Our onsite shop stocks a range of merchandise from unique to specialist chosen with RAF Biggin Hill and its community in mind.